Thanks for applying for the HerGV competition to win HGV training worth £3000.
To become an HGV driver you must have a valid HGV licence. To acquire this, you need to:
Here are some important things to consider:
- Be competent in English and Maths (to take the HGV theory test)
- Be 18 or over
- Hold a full car licence and have a good driving record
- Have good eyesight that meets the legal requirement
- Pass a medical as part of the HGV test.
Terms and conditions
Promoter: Midland Expressway Limited (M6toll)
- You could be driving vehicles or combinations of vehicles and trailers that cost in excess of £150,000 and carrying loads of a similar value (or considerably higher), therefore there is a high level of responsibility on HGV drivers to drive safely.
- You need to be physically fit, and be able to maintain concentration for long periods when driving long journeys.
- You must be literate and numerate and understand technology (the industry uses many IT devices such as handheld scanners and digital receipt devices).
- Driving a lorry is a highly responsible job. Your main place of work is the public road and everything you do is visible to others.
- A 44-tonne lorry is 40 times heavier and four times longer than a car. Driving such a vehicle is not something to be taken lightly, both on our public roads and when at sites for collections or deliveries.
- Road haulage is a service industry that works to high service standards, including punctual delivery schedules. Customers depend on your delivery to keep their businesses running, and shops supplied.
- Lorry drivers share a responsibility with their employer to behave responsibly and within industry regulations. Both your licence to drive and, potentially, your employer’s licence to operate, are at risk if you fail to do so. That means driving only when you are fit to do so, not only in terms of drink and drugs but also any illness that could impair road safety. And use of hand-held mobile phones when driving is absolutely unacceptable.
- You will also be expected to comply with drivers’ hours rules, a walk-around safety check of the vehicle and ensure it is safely loaded.
Competition closes 23.59, 30th September 2017
- All competition applicants are informed of our terms and conditions, as below. All Customers are deemed to have read them before entering the competition. The winner will need to sign further T&Cs before taking part in the training, and an additional agreement with the placement provider.
- To enter this competition and to become a lorry driver, you will need to be female, over 18 and hold a full car licence, and be a UK resident
- The winner will be required to undergo a medical. If the winner fails to meet the standards required by the medical then the HGV training cannot commence, the prize is void and no substitute or cash alternative is available.
- The prize consists of:
- HGV license training courtesy of Pertemps
- The offer of a placement at a haulage company
- To become a qualified HGV driver you will need to pass the training and gain a Certificate of Professional Competence (Driver CPC).
- The winner must pass the test first time, additional training or tests will not be provided if the winner fails the test or any other critical element of the training/legislation/requirements.
- Dates for the training will be agreed with the winner, and cannot be changed thereafter. Failure to complete the course due to unavailability for any reason will mean the HGV license is not obtained – no alternative dates will be offered.
- Entry to the competition is via the website her-gv.co.uk. Applicants are required to upload a video stating why they would like to win.
- Once uploaded, The Promoter reserves the right to use videos for promotional purposes across social channels and for PR and other marketing purposes. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Entries that are incomplete, illegible, indecipherable, corrupt or inaudible will not be valid and deemed void.
- All valid entries will be judged by a panel of industry experts, including representatives from The Promoter’s business, and a shortlist will be announced before 14th October 2017. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
- The shortlisted applicants will be asked to attend a whole-day event to be interviewed. From that, one person will be selected to win the prize. The prize does not include travel/ accommodation associated with the judging days or interviews, or during the HGV training, the winner must make her own arrangements.
- Applicants are also required to submit personal details when submitting their entry, this information will be shared with RHA and Pertemps as the competition partners, but will not be shared with any other third party. You can unsubscribe from these mailing lists at any time.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are not received by the promoter.
- There is no cash alternative and no element is transferable.
- The winner will be required to participate with the promoter for publicity purposes, including video, social media and PR activity.
- The Promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the prize to the runner-up selected by the same judges.
- Confirmation of the prize will be made in writing to the winner
- The decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- Third party or bulk entries will be excluded from the draw.
- The winners names will be made available. Anyone wishing to know the details of the winner should contact The Promoter in writing at the office address. Please note that only the winners name and specified county will be provided.
- The winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- By entering, all entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and any associated entry requirements. Any breach of these terms and conditions by an entrant will void their entry. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- The promoter has the right to disqualify any entry not made in accordance with these terms and conditions.